Friday, January 4, 2008

Welcome

Welcome to Lickety Split Knits!

My sister gave me the gift of knitting for my birthday in October (via Blue Sky Alpaca yarn and gorgeous bamboo needles) and since then I've kind of become addicted. I want to learn everything, know how to do everything, and teach myself everything.

I've used the free videos at knittinghelp.com to learn different methods and techniques, and they have been immensely helpful.

I've also been lucky enough to have friends commission me to make things for them, and have been able to help my family out and feed my addiction at the same time! Every new project is an experience to learn.

I've only been knitting for about three months, but am in love. I've made a bib, a poncho, four hats and a purse so far. I just cast on a pair of baby cargo pants, and have washcloths, pot handle covers, knitted food and a few amazing purses on the horizon.

If you see anything that you simply can't live without, just e-mail me at barkersgoods@gmail.com and we'll talk turkey.

~Sarah

No comments: